A great opportunity for a Deputy Care Home Manager / RGN has come up within our organisation, reporting to the Care Home Manager, the Deputy will be responsible for assisting the Home Manager to deliver high quality nursing and care of our residents.
The successful candidate will assist in monitoring the performance of staff, ensuring additional training and support is provided where necessary. The Deputy will also be responsible for ensuring that excellent relationships are built and maintained with residents, families and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
The Deputy Manager is a working member of the care home and as such will be responsible for management of the Care Home in the manager’s absence. The role requires work at nights, weekends and on bank holidays. As we have five Care Homes within a 10 mile radius, you may be asked to support or cover in any of our homes.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and the work of the deputy manager are very similar to the manager. As the post involves challenging environment, candidates are expected to perform to high levels of professional skills. Also the nursing team and all matters relating to Clinical nursing care and general service user care within the Care Centre, for all staff including health and safety in the working environment. Adhere to company’s policy and procedures to perform the managerial duties.
- Ensure the delivery of quality care – continually assessing our resident’s needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Assist the home manager – deputies in the overall management of the care home in the home manager’s absence.
- Positively influence the reputation of the home – communicating professionally and warmly with visitors including family, friends and other external stake holders.
- Play an active role in the compliance within the home – managing the implementation of the company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other recognition of quality.
- Maintain clinical excellence – role models high standards of nursing care, ensuring legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines are followed.
- Support the financial effectiveness of the home – ensure the home operates within budget through effective use of resources and identify areas to improve efficiency.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Developing your people – Oversee the induction of all new employees and participate in the training and development of the team.
- People Management – Play an active part in the recruitment, assessment and supervision of the team.
- On call rota with other managers.
- Support the manager in disciplinary proceeding as required.
Qualification and Skills Required:
Applicant must hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and should have legal right to work in UK.
A strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services we deliver. A positive and flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centered ethos, exhibiting empathy and a desire to make a difference. Be forward thinking and up to date with current practices and have the desire to maintain excellent clinical and industry knowledge. Strong leadership and management qualities are essential and previous experience as a deputy home manager is desirable. A car and a clean diving license are essential for this post.