Adults in care homes require regular stimulation which must be varied, age/ability appropriate, meaningful & interesting.
As a Lifestyle coordinator you will be required to have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to manage your own time and organising your own work appropriately.
You must be a team player with the ability to work on your own and show initiative. You must have a friendly and confident outlook with a genuine interest in working with the service users.
• To provide a suitable timetable of activities for residents that will stimulate and interest them.
• Encourage participation and social interaction.
• Possess the ability to adjust or change activities to suit the service users’ needs.
• Be aware that the activities you will provide must cater for various tastes, abilities and ages.
• Create links within your local community.
• Organise fund raising, events and outings.
• Help to create a suitable environment for the service users.
• Plan a weekly activity timetable & produce an annual overview of events throughout the year.
• Record the participation and interaction of all service users.
• Chair meetings with service users and family members.
• Create service user life histories.
• Will be required to complete company training.
• Will contribute to a safe and healthy working environment.