Are you looking for a new exciting and flexible role?
Oakminster healthcare group is an established company in Scotland; our group has delivered quality care across Glasgow for over 25 years, delivering person centred care and showcasing our core values, Integrity, Compassion, Responsibility, Wellbeing, and Inclusion. We have opportunities for day and night care assistant in our 5 care homes in the Glasgow area.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Person to carry out day to day maintenance of the building, its services and grounds in order to ensure that the Care Home is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order. You will provide efficient and effective maintenance to the Home both internally and externally and to ensure security is maintained. You will also need to ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met and to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure that instructions specified by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to. You must be flexible to provide an on call emergency support service out of hours when required.
Salary and benefits – Negotiable
• You will have a keen eye for detail and you will be skilled in painting and decorating, general joinery, basic electrics and basic plumbing.
• You will ensure that all mechanical and non-mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment on the premises is maintained and in safe and clean working order, carrying out all necessary and mandatory checks on all fire and lighting equipment as well as other facilities and provide evidence of such checks being done.
• You will liaise with the nursing office and residents regarding attention paid to all noted repairs and renewals brought to your attention.
• To have knowledge of and ensure maintenance of all systems, equipment and plant within the home and immediately report to the Home Manager if you are unable to rectify any problems.
• To keep up to date with developments in required maintenance checks for nursing homes.
• To check the maintenance books on all floors daily and action immediately.
• To meet with the Home Manager daily to discuss the day’s work and report to the Home Manager to provide an update at the end of each day.
• To liaise with Reception/Admin to call in outside contractors when necessary with authorisation from Home Manager.
• To know the location of fuse boxes, main stopcocks etc. and how to turn off services if required.
• To undertake fire training for staff.
• To check fire alarm systems and water temperatures weekly, emergency lighting and smoke detectors monthly and record.
• To ensure fire appliances are checked and serviced regularly and that this is recorded.
• To check all fire doors weekly and record any problems, reporting immediately to the Home Manager.
• To carry out quarterly fire drills and ensure staff follow fire evacuation procedures and assist with updating fire evacuation procedures.
• To check all electric lights daily and replace bulbs as necessary.
• To make sure the Nurse Call System is in good working order at all times by carrying out regular checks and documenting this.
•To check all pressure relieving mattresses weekly to ensure they are functioning correctly and document this. Report to Home Manager if there are any problems.
• To check all bedrails weekly and document this. At the same time, check all bed controls and ensure they are working correctly. Controls from other beds are not to be substituted as a quick remedy. Report to Home Manager if there are any problems.
• To redecorate all rooms and corridors as requested by the Home Manager.